[G4] Partitioning a drive to store Tiger and Snow Leopard

John Smutko smutt235 at mac.com
Thu Jun 16 12:50:31 PDT 2011

On Jun 16, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Scot Bruce Nakamura wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anybody tried running Tiger on one partition and Snow Leopard on another partition on the same drive?
>
> Regards,

I believe the answer is yes, although you have to be careful how you have partitioned the drive (GUID vs. APM).  I'm guessing you have an external "rescue" drive that you want to use for both an Intel Mac running Snow Leopard and a PPC G4 running Tiger?  I've done it with Leopard for Intel, Leopard for PPC and Tiger.

See:
http://eshop.macsales.com/articles/booting-your-intel-mac-to-an-apm-formatted-drive and

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=2006061610374449
John Smutko
smutt235 at mac.com

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information blahblah if you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator and possibly Joe Biden.