[G4] Information

John Smutko smutt235 at mac.com
Wed May 25 06:38:30 PDT 2011

> Hello,
> Im new to the G4 group and also the world of macintosh home computers. I recently purchased my first Mac (an 800MHz iLamp) and am not satisfied with its speed. My knowledge is limited with computer but im eager to get my hands dirty and learn. If I could get some suggestions as to how to speed up my computer any information would be helpful. Thank You
> Hector Gonzalez

Hi Hector

I'm guessing you've got one of these?

http://lowendmac.com/imacs/17in-imac-g4-800-mhz.html

Looks like you can get it up to Tiger 10.4.11 easily and even Leopard (10.5) although that's not officially supported.  "Officially supported" being somewhat laughable with a machine that's almost 10 years old, but whatever.

If it's already at 1GB RAM, there's probably not much else you can do easily.

John Smutko
smutt235 at mac.com