[G4] G4 Video Cards

wmb1204 at fuse.net wmb1204 at fuse.net
Sun Nov 13 11:17:05 PST 2011

I bought a flashed GeForce 6200 video card on eBay for about $85, IIRC, and it made a huge difference. I'm running a G4 DA which at the time had dual 533 MHz processors. I since also installed a SATA card from OWC for about $70, and a new 1.5 GHz processor for another $200. But the video card was for this machine the most "bang for the buck".

It's still a little slow on Flash; that takes, I believe, a GeForce 8400 or above. Don't know the ATI equivelent.

- Michael B. in Zinzinnati