[G4] Apachie on the Mac

KReitz kristen at atmyhome.org
Wed Oct 12 18:02:38 PDT 2011

On Oct 12, 2011, at 10:43 AM, Mark Eastwold wrote:

> Is there available somewhere out there a Dummies Guide for Apachie?
>
> I'd like to turn one of the G4s here into a server and the information to
> set up Apachie I've found so far seems to be rather sparse or for the
> uber-geek.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

	I suppose you have been to the Apache website and studied what they have to say? When it comes to running a web server, I don't  know of any simplified ways. Other then to use MS IIS. Which provides a nice GUI providing click and go. It deceives you into feeling like your pretty smart.  But that's the problem of course, the admin has no clue what they just did or the ramifications of their actions. Outside of a GUI they are totally lost.

	Sams publications use to make a book called Teach Yourself Apache 2 in 24 hours. It hits the high points and elementals leaving you with a server that's quite functional. But it's written from an GNU Linux point of view, not from an OS X environment. It's about as dummied down as I know to suggest

If you want a quick and dirty you might look this over.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2684919?start=0&tstart=0

I can't vouch for the process as I have never tried it.

Kristen