[G4] FYI-Edit Your Reply Subject Line

D V drteknik at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 10 07:30:38 PDT 2012

Dear Members of the G4 list:

It was written:

> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of G4 digest..."

What does "more specific" mean?

It means to put, as the subject, a description of your problem.

This means you should check and edit your subject line *before* you hit the
"Reply:" button so that a more descriptive subject will be presented to the
other members.

This what I see when you *don't* do so:

> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Re: G4 Digest, Vol 93, Issue 8 (Kevin Phan)
> 2. Re: G4 Digest, Vol 93, Issue 8 (Kristen R)
> 3. Re: G4 Digest, Vol 93, Issue 8 (Doug McNutt)
> 4. Re: G4 Digest, Vol 93, Issue 8 (Don Clark)

Now what the heck are they talking about? What is this thread? This is
already the G4 list, so I know that's the medium, but what's the message?

Thanks in advance...

Cheers

--

D VanderYacht
drteknik at earthlink.net

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by
incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte.