[G4] FYI-Edit Your Reply Subject Line

Kristen R kristen at atmyhome.org
Fri Aug 10 11:43:59 PDT 2012

On Aug 10, 2012, at 9:39 AM, Doug McNutt wrote:

> At 07:30 -0700 8/10/12, D V wrote:
>> Dear Members of the G4 list:
>>
>> It was written:
>>
>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>> than "Re: Contents of G4 digest..."

~SNIP~

> Generally good advice which should be heeded when originating a thread. Don Clark was in that mode and might have found an answer for his problem but also was likely to be ignored.

	To be sure, Don did Hijack a thread about unsubscribing from this list. And because he attempted a hijack I will not respond for to do so only brings further confusion. It is also true that the original subject line has nothing to do with the content of the thread. The original poster didn't care one wit about such things as all he desired was off the list. As the first to respond to the unsubscribe request it did fall upon me to change the subject line to make the thread subject more meaningful. I didn't think of it to be honest. And I should have

Your point is taken

Kristen