[G4] copying install disc

Fabian Fang ftfang at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 14:19:03 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:11 PM, johnny <johnnyg at gorge.net> wrote:

Running 10.4.1  .  mac dual 867  . max ram

> I was going to install another OS as my startup disc is gettin too
> full.... BUT my 10.4 install disc is on its last legs and won't mount half
> the time I put it in...tried different burners too.  I'm afraid to use it
> to install as I don't want a mess if it fails.....so I made a disc image in
> CCC.   Now I know I've done this before (think I did, but age is catching
> up on me) and either used the image to install (won't work since I get a
> "restart" page so it can mount the DVD as a start disc...and it won't copy
> to a DVD so I can use it as a startup disc.   What am I doing wrong.  Tried
> copying from the finder (says the DVD is empty)managed to make an image in
> CCC....but image from CCC to a destination doesn't work as it won't find
> the blank DVD to copy to...and a couple hours of lost time trying anything
> I could.  I know I've done this in the past as I have an older backup
>  which of course doesn't work well for the past couple years either!  Any
> help in copying an install DVD 10.4 would be greatly appreciated..  Dang
> memory.

A quick Google or similar search would have led you to the following and
other articles:
<http://creativebits.org/mac_os_x/make_a_dvd_copy_of_mac_os_x_tiger>

By the way, I do not believe that any PowerMac G4 model came pre-installed
with Mac OS 10.4.x:
<http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/index-powermac-g4.html>

Perhaps your "install DVD 10.4" is for some other Mac, possibly a G5 model?