[G4] upgrade to Leopard

Kristen R kristen at atmyhome.org
Thu Feb 23 10:48:11 PST 2012

On Feb 23, 2012, at 6:37 AM, thekirkline1941 at verizon.net wrote:

> My machine is a Quicksilver 2002 running Tiger. I am very happy with its performance overall. Although the apps I use might be considered outdated--Photoshop 7, Indesign 2, Finale 2008--they work just fine for my needs. However, the browsers I use, Safari and Mozilla Firefox, cannot be updated and I get a lot of messages saying I am using a browser that is not supported. Question: (two fold) how difficult would it be to upgrade my machine to Leopard and, will it make that much difference in terms of compatibility? Thanks.
>
> Jim Scarborough Kirk

Jim,

	One of the first things I did was upgrade from Tiger to Leopard. I would upgrade to Snow Leopard if it were possible. I didn't notice any performance hits moving from Tiger to Leopard but I gained better functionality by upgrading. I also like the features offered in Snow Tiger and I use them.

	As far as how difficult, I can't truly say. My computer is  G4 Mystic which required processor upgrades to make the change. But I think the Quicksilver is a ready product and from what I recall seeing it's an easy upgrade

Good luck

Kristen