[G4] Invisible flash drive on G4

Robert A. Rosenberg hal9001 at panix.com
Sat Mar 3 20:06:15 PST 2012

At 19:02 -0500 on 03/03/2012, Ronald Sweet wrote about [G4] Invisible
flash drive on G4:

>The Device Removal dialog box therefore comes up: "The device you
>removed was not properly put away. Data might have been lost or
>damaged. Ö " (none has been so far).
>
>Can someone tell me what needs to be done to make this flash drive
>mount on the G4?

Open Preferences in Finder and check General to see if you have
External Drives checked. Also check the sidebar setting. The later
would allow you to unmount the device even if not shown on the
desktop (if external drives is checked here but not in general).