[G4] On Live for viewing Flash video?

Kristen R kristen at atmyhome.org
Tue Mar 6 12:35:18 PST 2012

On Mar 6, 2012, at 6:32 AM, Richard Klein wrote:

> Has anyone tried the OnLive service?  (onlive.com)  I just heard that
> people are using it on their iPads to view Flash video.  If OnLive
> works on PPCs, it might be better/quicker at rendering Flash video
> than a G4.
>
> --
> Rich

	This seemed really cool although it is a remote desktop connection. I looked on my iMac within the App Store but I couldn't find the app. So I tried the iPad and I was able to locate the app that way. Of course the website states this is an app for iPad's and Android tablets. It's not for a desktop system at this time. I did look through the comments left by users which I always do before trying out an app. It would appear that there are a lot of people who can not use the app if you have an Internet connection less the 4Mbps as it's too slow to access the service. Or they get messages that the connections are full and to try again later. I don't see this as anything developed for our PPC computers. And when it comes out for desktops it'll be through the App Store which does us no good as PPC products are not allowed on the App Store.

The idea of a remote desktop connection however seems nice if you have another computer to connect with. Does not OS X 4.5 have a remote desktop service?

Kristen