[G4] Spyware/Malware?

Scot Bruce Nakamura galilao777 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 12:18:28 PST 2012

Hello:

Recently, my DSL download speed that was about 1.5 Mbps on my MDD
running 10.5.8, was cut in half, and it does not seem to be an ISP
problem because if I connect my Macbook to the same network, I get 1.5
Mbps speed again.

I reinstalled my 10.5.8 on my MDD on a different drive partition and
found that the browser won't load at all, zero throughput, yet if I go
back to the partition that was giving me about 0.70 Mbps speed, I can
surf the net again.

Question:  What is making it impossible for me to connect to the
Internet even after reinstalling the OS?  Spyware?  Malware?

Thank you