[G4] G4 Digest, Vol 100, Issue 9

charles phillips charles_d_phillips at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 12:20:54 PDT 2013

All -

Certainly this is a conversation which could quickly devolve into one opinion vs another but hopefully some of us might get refreshed on how just a little effort could make a difference to someone.

Eric's answer is polite but think about what he said. Aren't there many people out there who know how to run Unix on Macs (several of them apparently wrote to scoff) and could quickly produce the note that I sent? Couldn't they recognize that they might have a piece that would help? I hope that my note was clear that I was putting a lot of effort into this and did not want someone to do the work for me.

Two people wrote back with suggestions that did help put the pieces together and I wanted to thank them. There could have been more names on that list. If you are too busy to help, just do not reply.

Now that I have gotten some source code and am modifying it and compiling it, I really needed to translate my Mac knowledge more than learn Unix.

I do not write this to be argumentative or to embarrass anyone, but when we get a request for help could we take a minute to add a piece of the puzzle? I debated about replying directly to Eric but he wrote back to the list, and maybe this could prompt someone to take a minute and write someone to help, one day.

Charles

 Message: 3