[G4] wireless networking with adapter on a G4

Scot "Bruce" Nakamura galilao777 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:15:42 PST 2013

On 2/28/13 10:54 AM, johnny wrote:
> on a similar note...I too bought two of the USB wireless gizmos for my
> dual 867..from different mfgs...both looking a bit different too
> ....neither worked...but both work on my PC (which I don't use except
> for friends emergencies;)
>
> Johnny
>

> On 2/28/13 12:40 PM, Judy Antipin wrote:
>> On a somewhat similar note to Les' query, I have a quicksilver G4
>> that I only recently fired it up for a family member after not using
>> it for a couple of years. Previously, I used some sort of adapter to
>> give it wireless connectivity. That adapter has been lost, so I went
>> out and got an inexpensive replacement, an 802.11N wireless adapter
>> sold by Addlogix. Won't work, and after numerous fruitless calls to
>> company (most of their links are bad) I'm thinking of just getting
>> another.
>>
>> I had just plugged the adapter into my four port USB hub - no luck
>> there. I had also bought a powered hub, but haven't unwrapped it yet.
>> Any suggestions for making this work welcome.
>>
>> Judy

Hello:

For what it may be worth, the only way I can get my Apple wireless card
inside my G4 MDD dual 1.25 processors Mac to connect is without
encryption and password, meaning the transmission is in the clear, so
anybody with a wireless card can connect to my network.  The Addlogix
wireless adapter might work if the encryption and password functions are
turned off, but who wants to have a completely vulnerable network that
allows strangers in?

Scot