[G4] OS and upgrade

Fabian Fang ftfang at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 07:21:18 PDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:11 AM, Suleiman Barnabas <maguvu at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

I’m a novice on macs. I have an old G4 17” powerbook. I don’t know the type
> of OS that l have on my mac.****
> How can upgrade the Os, I tried to download mountain lion OS but it looks
> like it’s not compatible to my old system.

First of all, there is no need to post three almost identical messages.

Apple released five different G4 17" PowerBook models:
<http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g4/index-powerbook-g4.html>
All five models can only support Mac OS up to Leopard 10.5.8.

For the current OS running on your PowerBook, from the Apple icon at the
upper left corner of the top menu bar, click "About This Mac".