[G5] New G5 work arounds

Murray kastner at videotron.ca
Wed Nov 24 20:47:37 PST 2004

My suggestion: Buy a 17" iMac G5. It is light enough to mount on an
extension wallmount and you can control everything with either
Bluetooth or a Logitech cordless.

I, too, have been using PowerBooks in place of desktops and just this
year switched back. The new iMacs are stunning examples of Apple's
continued ability to blaze new trails in industrial design. As an added
bonus, they have made nearly everything user-serviceable. My techie
claims that a user could easily change the logicboard! (No, I won't try
it...)

BTW, I am somewhat handicapped myself and cannot sit at a conventional
desk for more than 30 minutes. This new set-up suits me just fine. Of
course, I went with the 20" which makes it a wee bit more intricate to
mount it on a wall but the screen is so bright and precise that I can
see whatever I need to from a prone position. And catching a movie
occasionally on that large monitor is the icing on the cake!

Murray