[G5] Additional storage for G5

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 7 00:30:45 PDT 2004

On Oct 6, 2004, at 12:48 PM, Mark Gibson wrote:

> At 12:41 +0300 6/10/04, Petri Luukkonen wrote:
> Hi!
> My 1.8DP G5 is soon running out of disk space.
>
> What do you recommend for update, Maxtor, Seagate or something else
> (SCSI maybe) ? Aiming for 160-200GB disk.
>
> Personally I went for a 1Tb LaCie (which I understand is now
> superceded buy a 1.6Tb drive) running FireWire 800.
>
> Its great for iTunes library (shared via air tunes), video work and
> backup.

Be carefull, Apple does not support booting on a FW 800 disk, I was
doing this and I had two major crash with OS X (obliged to reformat to
zero)

Now I am looking at solutions like Firmtek G5jam ....

By the way what is the fastest SATA disk available ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Cyril

My Mails are filtered by the SPAM engine of Wanadoo.
SPAMMERS you can remove all the  @Wanadoo addresses for you SPAM
Join the independent Quantum Leap Symphony orchestra forum (QLSO) for
Mac  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qlso