[G5] Re: VPC 7.0 upgrade

Steven Wood sdw7 at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 7 06:53:32 PDT 2004

Again, I wasn't clear in my initial post that I was only interested in
the upgrade to VPC 7. I got it at Buy.com for $76.35 and Amazon asks
$79.99--but shipping can change the equation, especially if you are
making other purchases on the same order, etc.

Thanks for the other tips--I guess I'm glad I don't have "excess RAM"
to worry about! My Dual 2.0 G5 only has a single, lonely GB.

One feature I am looking forward to is, like Panther, no need to mess
with Windows printer drivers, etc. BTW, a friend of mine works on the
PowerPC project at IBM and he says that feature is actually inherent in
the G5 chip. Something about a single, integrated I/O channel, etc.,
that makes that work. Cool, even if I don't understand it.

Steve in Raleigh