[G5] Adding Disk Drives

Neil Cadsawan rainer3 at mac.com
Mon Apr 18 07:01:23 PDT 2005

This is about the easiest upgrade you can make to your G5, besides
adding memory.  It took me all of maybe 4 minutes between shutting my
machine down and rebooting it.

I installed a Western Digital 120GB drive into the second bay.  Once
you have the side and plastic shield off, there are 4 screws that Apple
provides inside the case for you.  Put these screws on your drive, so
it can slide into the bay.  Slide the drive in and make sure it clicks
in.  The power and data connectors are right there for you to use.
Plug them in, close everything up and start up.  It's that easy.  OS X
will then recognize the drive and ask you to format it.  Once that's
done, you are ready to use the new drive.

-Neil