[G5] Adding Disk Drives

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Tue Apr 19 10:11:02 PDT 2005

On Tuesday, April 19, 2005, at 12:03PM, David DelMonte <ddelmonte at mac.com> wrote:

>Thanks everyone on this. I have had a series of external drives (IDE
>in firewire/USB boxes) fail on me, so I will go ahead installing a
>large internal RAID array holding SATA drives. I just hope they are
>more solid!

I barely remember the last time a drive has failed on me.

If you have had a series of failures, that -to me- would point to something other than the drives being faulty.

Do you have your drives attached to UPS's with Automatice Voltage Regulation (AVR)? Fluctuations in power is very hard on electronic equipment.

Good luck,
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com