[G5] UPC Query

Dick Grable rgrable at mac.com
Tue Feb 1 09:42:14 PST 2005

All electronics in my house are on UPS units. This helps not only for power
interruptions but surges as well. We had one of our one-second power outages
a couple weeks back and the only causality was a Dishplayer connected to a
surge arrestor (not UPS) in a room I have no control over. Dish Network
replaced it but the other two (on UPSs) were not affected. Just because your
laptop has a battery does not mean a good surge would not cause damage.