[G5] slow internet connection speed

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Jan 20 17:45:20 PST 2005

> I'm direct from the modem to the computer.
> I'll look into the "marginal ethernet cable".

Keep in mind the odds are against this.  Is there anyway you can borrow a
Cable modem from someone, or get someone to bring a laptop over and hook it
to your cable modem?  Doing both of those might help troubleshoot the issue
as well.

Something else that might be worth doing is running speed tests on your line
at different times, including late at night/early in the morning.  I'm not
sure how much of an issue it is these days, but when Cable modems first came
out the Cable companies tended to put to many people on the same circuit and
if enough people were using their computers at the same time as you it would
slow the cable modem speed down.

		Zane