[G5] UPC Query

Pat D.Stephens patdart at cox-internet.com
Mon Jan 31 17:37:42 PST 2005

I'm back to a desktop iMac G5 having had three laptops and my UPC
BackUPS has died and am wondering just how important one is now with
Panther.  I accidentally pulled the power cable out while moving the G5
on my desk the other day and it started back up fine with no obvious
damage.  The UPC site seems to have very little time, and if an outage
occurs at night, the times seem worthless for protecting my machine.

What do y'all do?  With the laptops and batteries built in, I didn't
worry about it.

Pat