[G5] Firewire Kernel Panic - 1.8 Ghz. G5.

RR robertr71 at san.rr.com
Fri Jul 15 08:52:49 PDT 2005

It's possible the cable is bad, I'd be happy if that was the case.  I
run my video camera out the back port with no problems (come to think
of it, I don't think the camera worked in the front port).  If the
front port is whacked I would just slap a 3 port fireware card ($9.00)
into it and call it a day.  No point in giving apple $800 for a mobo
swap.

Be nice when apple starts shipping the Intel macs, then mobo swaps
would only cost $200 from apple ;)