[G5] Strange behavior

RR robertr71 at san.rr.com
Sun Jul 31 11:43:52 PDT 2005

Check your boot rom version in your system profile before you decide to
do the update (in the "about this mac..." window).  Chances are good
you have a newer rom version than that update.

When your machine is turned off, unplug the power cord for 20 seconds
or so to reset the power management module.  I've done this in the past
and it corrected similar symptoms.

If the problem persists- just reinstall 10.4.x, that may correct the
problem as well.  Real hardware problems usually result in kernel
panics, you seem to have a software glitch.