[G5] iMac G5 or eMac G4 - buying advice

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Jun 8 10:22:45 PDT 2005

iMac G5 no doubt. You want a G5 not a G4 processor no doubt. You want
a flat panel screen not a tube no doubt. You will buy AppleCare to
insure free service for 3 years. I doubt heat is a problem in the
iMac G5. I know several owners personally and they all love them. No
problems.

I guess you will have to get the 17" 2 GHz model for $1499. But if
you can spring for the 20" for $1799, it will be worth it to have the
additional screen and hard drive space. You don't have to buy the
AppleCare until within a year after purchase so don't factor that in
your initial purchase. Also add your own ram later.

Whatever you do, don't buy the eMac if you want long term
satisfaction. That tube will kill your eyes. Plus it's a space hog.
eMacs are for schools and people who cannot afford iMacs. They are
much weaker than an iMac G5. Stick with the strong future. An iMac G5
@ 2 GHz will last you for years to come.