[G5] Waiting for my 1.8 Ghz. G5.

irene at trilliumwoods.com irene at trilliumwoods.com
Mon Mar 14 20:26:11 PST 2005

On Mar 14, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Peter Dock wrote:

> So far, I only have to start up twice in
> order to get the mouse and keyboard to work. Putting in new batteries
> regularly helps (wish someone had warned me before I made this
> decision.
> I'll go broke buying batteries).

I got my iMac 1.8 Ghz G5 in January and haven't had a fire or smoke. No
trouble getting the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to work, either,
although I was disappointed to find that (because I have a plug-in
Bluetooth gizmo instead of an installed card) I can't wake the computer
up if it goes to sleep. Defeats the whole purpose of sleeping hard
drives, IMHO.

The way the mouse gobbles batteries convinced me take the plunge and
buy a charger and rechargable batteries.

> I did switch to the "Macally" mouse. Like the feel better than the
> Apple
> mouse (has been true since I started using Apple computers back in
> 1980...
> NO mice then).  Also has the right click and center scroll.

Is it a Bluetooth mouse?

irene