[G5] Waiting for my 1.8 Ghz. G5.

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Tue Mar 15 03:07:34 PST 2005

Did you all see my post on the bluetooth update from Apple's Support site?
Installing it solved all of the problems you are talking about.  I can wake
the iMac by just clicking the mouse or tapping the keyboard.  The batteries
still read as fully charge after having been connected for over a month.  I
highly recommend it.

Tim

On 3/14/05 11:26 PM, "irene at trilliumwoods.com" <irene at trilliumwoods.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Peter Dock wrote:
>
>> So far, I only have to start up twice in
>> order to get the mouse and keyboard to work. Putting in new batteries
>> regularly helps (wish someone had warned me before I made this
>> decision.
>> I'll go broke buying batteries).
>>

> I got my iMac 1.8 Ghz G5 in January and haven't had a fire or smoke. No
> trouble getting the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to work, either,
> although I was disappointed to find that (because I have a plug-in
> Bluetooth gizmo instead of an installed card) I can't wake the computer
> up if it goes to sleep. Defeats the whole purpose of sleeping hard
> drives, IMHO.
>
> The way the mouse gobbles batteries convinced me take the plunge and
> buy a charger and rechargable batteries.
>
>> I did switch to the "Macally" mouse. Like the feel better than the
>> Apple
>> mouse (has been true since I started using Apple computers back in
>> 1980...
>> NO mice then).  Also has the right click and center scroll.
>>

> Is it a Bluetooth mouse?
>
> irene

Exterminate all rational thought.