[G5] Waiting for my 1.8 Ghz. G5.

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Tue Mar 15 14:16:16 PST 2005

I bought my iMac from the Apple store and it didn't come with Bluetooth
installed.  I bought the recommended Bluetooth adapter that Apple suggests
on their website: "Requires a Bluetooth enabled Macintosh (either built-in
or using the qualified D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth Adapter (Hardware
version B2 or later. Older D-Link DWB-120M adapters are not supported). Mac
OS X, v10.2.6 or higher required."
They had this at CompUSA for $30.  That and the updates fixed everything, I
repeat, fixed everything.  Don't even try to use any other Bluetooth Adapter
as I had one sitting around and just out of curiosity tried it.....less than
satisfactory results.  And let me provide you with the link to the proper
update:  http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120276
Now, do all that and I guarantee that you will have satisfactory results.
Plus, the iMac looks so much more elegant without all those cords running
everywhere.

Tim

On 3/15/05 12:38 PM, "irene at trilliumwoods.com" <irene at trilliumwoods.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2005, at 3:07 AM, Tim Collier wrote:
>
>> Did you all see my post on the bluetooth update from Apple's Support
>> site?
>> Installing it solved all of the problems you are talking about.  I can
>> wake
>> the iMac by just clicking the mouse or tapping the keyboard.  The
>> batteries
>> still read as fully charge after having been connected for over a
>> month.  I
>> highly recommend it.
>
> I have an external Bluetooth gizmo, so I think it won't wake from the
> mouse or keyboard. That's what Apple Tech help told me, anyway. I wish
> I could keep batteries fully charged for over a month ­ that's great.
>
> I downloaded the update, but when I clicked the installer it said that
> it was only for 10.2x, and I'm using 10.3.8. Or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
>
> irene

Exterminate all rational thought.