[G5] Re: Bluetooth mouse can't wake computer (was: Waiting for my 1.8 G5)

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Wed Mar 16 13:57:56 PST 2005

I couldn't figure out if mine was version B2 or later either.  As for the
option to Allow to wake computer, mine aren't greyed out....I don't
understand.  Wish I could help.  Did you check from System prefs or from the
little bluetooth icon on the menu bar?  I just checked both and the option
is clickable on both.  OK, I'm at a loss.

Tim

On 3/16/05 2:29 PM, "irene at trilliumwoods.com" <irene at trilliumwoods.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, Tim, for the URL for the latest Bluetooth update. I
> downloaded/installed it, repaired permissions, and still can't wake my
> computer with my Bluetooth mouse. The option 'Allow this Bluetooth
> device to wake this computer' is greyed out in the Bluetooth prefs.
>
> I checked: I've got the D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth Adapter but don't
> know how to check whether it's version B2 or later.
>
> Thanks for all the help.
>
> irene
> On Mar 15, 2005, at 2:16 PM, Tim Collier wrote:
>
>> I bought my iMac from the Apple store and it didn't come with Bluetooth
>> installed.  I bought the recommended Bluetooth adapter that Apple
>> suggests
>> on their website: "Requires a Bluetooth enabled Macintosh (either
>> built-in
>> or using the qualified D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth Adapter (Hardware
>> version B2 or later. Older D-Link DWB-120M adapters are not
>> supported). Mac
>> OS X, v10.2.6 or higher required."
>> They had this at CompUSA for $30.  That and the updates fixed
>> everything, I
>> repeat, fixed everything.  Don't even try to use any other Bluetooth
>> Adapter
>> as I had one sitting around and just out of curiosity tried
>> it.....less than
>> satisfactory results.  And let me provide you with the link to the
>> proper
>> update:  http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120276
>> Now, do all that and I guarantee that you will have satisfactory
>> results.
>> Plus, the iMac looks so much more elegant without all those cords
>> running
>> everywhere.
>>
>> Tim

Exterminate all rational thought.