[G5] Internal speaker seems to be AWOL.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Mon May 9 05:13:58 PDT 2005

Since I purchased my G5 1.8 GHz. single about a month ago, I always
got a startup sound from the internal speaker. I have ALTEC Lansing
external speakers connected, but they connect through the non-digital
mini-jack port in back. I assume that is why the startup chime doesn't
go through my external speakers. For the past couple of days however,
I haven't been getting any startup chime through my internal speaker.
I am of course wondering if my internal speaker has gone AWOL, or if
there is something more serious going on. Anyone heard of this? Is it
a known issue? I couldn't find anything in Apple's Knowledge Base.

Cheers,

Brian