[G5] Apple care for G5

Steven Wood sdw7 at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 6 22:10:14 PDT 2005

Lela,

AppleCare is like any insurance: you hope you never need it, but you
hope you have it when you DO need it.

I have purchased AppleCare with all my Macs, starting in 1984, and I
have seldom needed the protection--but one totaled motherboard along
the way (after the regular warranty period) and a couple of
deadline-saving calls to support confirmed my decision, and ended my
wife's question about the expense. Keep in mind that AppleCare extends
the standard warranty to three full years, for repair/replacement and
telephone support. In addition, you get a copy of Tech Tool Deluxe, a
very good diagnostic, trouble-shooting and clearing utility.

In my opinion, it is worth it, and the newer the user, the more
valuable the support is--I think your Dad deserves it, whether it is
his first personal computer or (better yet) he is a convert from
Windows!

It is true that, for some odd reason, AppleCare cannot be sold in
Florida...

Steve in Raleigh