[G5] Apple care for G5

Lela Tong artofbusiness_computer at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 23:15:17 PDT 2005

Hi,

Thanks for all the advice.

My Dad is thinking of the 20" so I'm glad that it's super -- but a bit worrisome if there's a high failure rate.  I bought an Apple laptop long ago and bought about 5 yrs worth of warranties (including extended 3rd party warranties) cuz I was warned about the keyboard going out every year (and it really did -- I "live" on my laptops).

I'll check out the LAComputerCompany.  Another thing I need to check -- the Apple sales guy mentioned that American Express will double the warranty -- this seems like a good deal.

Best y'all,

Lela

"T.L. Miller" <tlmiller at mac.com> wrote:
On 9/5/05, at 1:59 PM, Steve Goldstein, said:

>If he is going to get a G5 iMac, I would DEFINITELY recommend getting
>AppleCare, because there is a significant failure rate with iMacs (the
>rate depends on the version/place in the manufacturing cycle). I got a
>20" G5 iMac for my wife (with AppleCare), and it is super. BTW, you can
>buy AppleCare at a significant discount; LAComputerCompany seems to have
>the best prices.

AppleCare is not available in Florida.

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff: