[G5] USB fax modem on G5

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Thu Apr 27 16:08:50 PDT 2006

 From another list:

There is only *one* USB V.92 external modem on the market for the
Macintosh other than the one that Apple offers.  Apple's offering is a
soft-modem that uses the Mac itself to do some of the processing, so
this
third-party option is a much better performer, but it is physically
larger (which may make a difference to you if you want to use it with a
PowerBook while traveling.)

Best Data V.92 USB external fax modem for Macintosh
http://www.bestdata.com/index.php?file=c-allproddesc&iProductId=16161

$48
<http://www.buy.com/retail/Product.asp?
sku=10346238&SearchEngine=CJdealsden
&Type=CJ&Keyword=10346238&adid=17662>

Apple's Modem:
<http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/
6134003/wo/N44FoSvyORlX2dmpj1F2FrATzUT/1.0.19.1.0.8.25.7.11.0.3>

Can you try to take back the 56USBSL and trade it for the 56USBMAC?

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net