[G5] My problems continued. [iMac G5]

bet100 at bigpond.com bet100 at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 25 15:11:51 PDT 2007

Thanks to all who responded to my previous email of woe!.

Here we are still without my iMac G5 after nineteen days at the  AppleCare
service Department in Adelaide.

We are told it will be returned tomorrow evening.

I have lost all confidence in my handsome but troublesome computer.

4 logic boards,
3 hard drives,
36 days away in  service,
18 months old.
first problem 18 days into ownership.
means 36 days of paying for broadband with no computer.

Still they treat us with disdain and offer a new Apple Mac if the hardware
doesn't last during the remainder of the warranty in the future.  I was
offered a discount voucher off my next? Apple purchase, that certainly
didn't interest me.

I am totally disillusioned and consider that if we were a Company and not a
senior couple  [albeit computer literate] we would have been extended fairer
service.  The telephone contact wanted me to say that we were now satisfied,
how can I when the machine is still in their workshop, just to enable him to
sign off his paper work.

Guess talking about it doesn't solve the problem. However I can only hope
and trust that on its eventual return it is working,  because I won't be
spending any more money on it if they claim next time its a software issue.
Sorry if that sounds pessimistic, but I'm so disappointed in what was to be
the Apple of my eye..

regards,
Barbara