[G5] hi! keep g4dp - or purchase g5dp?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Nov 11 22:19:41 PST 2007

Chris,
Jack's post made me think, why go with a G5 2x2, unless you're like
me and need the RAM, since you're still on a G4 it doesn't sound like
you are, why not go with either a Mac Mini or a MacBook.  If it
wasn't for my RAM usage, I'd actually consider a Mac Mini (my RAM
requirements are part of why I'm not even considering an upgrade
right now).  Also as he notes, a single processor G5 will seriously
out perform that G4/2x450Mhz system you're currently running.

Or do you have my other problem, and have some classic Mac software
that makes it hard to move off of 10.4.x and PPC?  If so you might
look into emulation to run that software.  This is an issue I need to
resolve prior to upgrading to 10.5.

Zane