VS: [G5] Slideshow from the Finder.

Luukkonen Petri petri.luukkonen at srv.fi
Sun Feb 1 21:54:19 PST 2009

-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
Lähettäjä: g5-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com puolesta: Pat Crowe
Lähetetty: ma 2.2.2009 4:52
Vastaanottaja: g5 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
Aihe: [G5] Slideshow from the Finder.

On a G5 iMac with OS 10.4.11 and 2Gbs of RAM, I have a file
containing 367 photos on the Desktop. I am trying to run them as a
slideshow but find that only a percentage of the photos appear before
the show repeats.
Is there a limit to how many items can be run? I haven't been able to
find info on this subject. Only discovered the Finder's Slideshow in
David Pogue's The Missing Manual (Tiger Edition).
PatC.

Hi,
as far as I understand mac's physical RAM could be an issue. Let's say one photo is about 3.5 meg jpg-file which leads us to total 1284.5 megs of RAM surge. System info might tell, what specific apps are up and running i.e. consuming memory needed for slideshow.

*Cheers,
Pete