[G5] G5 Boot problem

Tony Sheeley t_sheeley at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 02:52:15 PDT 2009

Hello,

Hopefully, someone here can help me.

I have a Daul 2.5GHz G5, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD

I am having intermittant boot problems and subsequent hanging.

The machine goes as far as the grey 'Apple' screen and then does nothing. The laser on the mouse switches off and the only way out is to switch the machine off.

Occasionally, the machine boots up and runs fine.  But sometimes it boots, run for a bit, then hangs / crashes.

I took it to my local apple store.  The 'genius' at the genius bar did all of the same things I tried, looked at the fact that a rivet on the bottom of the casing has popped and said apple wouldn't even look at it as it is their policy "return repaired machines in 'as-new' condition".

I don't for one minute believe that.  But in the meanwhile, has anyone else here experienced similar boot problems?  Can anyone give any suggestions or am I going have to bite the bullet and buy a new machine?

Thanks,

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/