[G5] G5 quad 2.5 - Drive bay power cable questions

redzep maf291 at nyu.edu
Wed Oct 7 15:51:15 PDT 2009

Hi—

I recently shipped my quad G5 across country. UPS packed it for me and
did well.

I have internal drives in both bays, and I STUPIDLY did not lock the
little latches that keep them in place before shipping.

So, long story short, the drives are, thankfully undamaged, but only
the top slot seems to mount the drive.

I have to assume this might be cable damage to the bottom cable?

I have taken out and installed each drive individually in the top
slot, they both mount, and work fine.

Each drive in the bottom slot does not mount, and it does not even
feel like there is power going to them.

Any way to replace that internal cable?

thanks!