[HM] Re: Digital camera...

Gary Kimes woodwrking at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 1 20:34:01 PST 2002

Hi listers.. Im Gary and Im new here and been "list ening" but till now have
not much to add..
As my main computer leisure usage is photoshop in comb. with my Nikon 990 Id
recommend getting into a used Nikon 990 versus going middle of the road with
a new camera.  The durability -ease of use and software make them a great
value especially as readily as they are available on ebay. They are 3.34
megapixels (18x23) which gives you a lot of room for cropping and
adjustments. Some folks are selling a 990 complete package for  only $300
with buy it now! amazing..
But dont cheat yourself .. get Photoshop too.. (another thing that is
available on ebay with the older versions going for easy money.)
Photoshop is a darkroom with a view.. very fun very rewarding and
surprisingly easy...
Another thing that I recently added to my photo hobbie is an older Epson
1520 that allows me to make terrific prints in 1440 @ 13"x19".. on gloss
they are wonderful.  These printers are still pricy on ebay but I was lucky
enough to find mine at a yard sale for $15
my 2cents

 Gary
G4/DP-450*896r*2-20g*Que!Fire 241040 Burner* ZIP*OS 9.2.2 &
Jaguar*17"Studio*Epson740_Printers*Epson1640SU & 1520* Scanner* Nikon990