[HM] Re: Digital camera...

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Mon Dec 2 10:09:57 PST 2002

On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 11:29  AM, Denise wrote:

> How bad, really?  I want to get a digital camera primarily for putting
> pics
> on eBay auctions.  Would one of these suffice, provided I was not
> taking
> real close shots?

It would probably work pretty well for that. The resolution is 640x480
and it has a fixed focal length, which as you guessed means getting too
close can end in really bad results. The other critical factor is
lighting. Though it does have a flash, having some bright areas and
some dark shadows in the same image doesn't work well. In your case
though, you can probably work around that limitation.

-Mike