[HM] Re: digital cameras- wide angle/architectural shots

Gary Kimes woodwrking at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 18 14:39:43 PST 2002

on 12/16/02 12:27 PM, J. Dobson at jdobson at gis.net wrote:

> I've been following this thread with great interest and I'm sorry if I
> missed it, but has there been a recommendation for a dig cam for interior
> room shots? Lots of discussion on zoom (very helpful), but how about wide
> angle? i.e. bathroom shots are always so difficult to get, primarily because
> of limited space and angles.
> Jackie

Jackie IMHO there isnt a D camera that will do this well that is below $5k.
yet.. that is a job I do with my SLR 35mm with a 17mm lens and then copy
from a slide to my scanner.
Im a contractor and the wide lenses arent near wide enough for this kind of
work.
Its the main reason I hang onto the SLR
If you got the moola tho the Nikon SLR digitals that take the F lens series
will  maybe do it.. however Im told that even then there is considerable
loss to focal length.
I hope others will weight in on this tho as I too have an interest here.
I was going to get the 3x adaption for my 990 but its not even close to what
I need.
Gary