[HM] Chimera

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Thu Dec 26 22:06:49 PST 2002

--- At Thu, 26 Dec 2002 23:04:26 -0600, Francine Mack wrote:

>I would like to know if Chimera can be set to autofill forms online.

I havent started using Chimera yet. I have heard good things about it,
but its still under development and some things might not be done yet.

>I like the idea of not using Microsoft.

OS X made this very difficult. The browser selection was rather limited.
I recently switched to Netscape 7. There are still some oddities that I
dont care for, but with the Classic theme in place it's pretty close to
what I would expect from my browser with an interface that I dont find
utterly distasteful (ie Netscape 6). Sometimes the X-Windows theme pokes
it's ugly head out, but its tollerable in this version.

My reason for mentioning Netscape 7 is that both Chimera and Netscape 7
use the same Jecko display engine. It's very fast and very good. I really
like the differece. Oh yea, its also -not- Microsoft. :-)

 ...Duane