[HM] Eudora

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Sun Dec 29 22:44:39 PST 2002

--- At Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:12:59 -0600, Francine Mack wrote:

>I I am having trouble with Entourage 2001 in classic mode (OS 10.2.3)
>. So, I downloaded Eudora trial. Before I pay for it, I am going to
>use it for a while. I would like comments from people familiar with
>any positives or negatives.

A recent issue of MacWorld Magazine had a kind of email shoot out where
Adam Engst (from TidBITS) reviews most of the available email programs
for the Mac. He is a little biased as he has used Eudora for many years,
but the review was pretty fair.

I used Eudora years and years ago. I found it too geeky and technical.
(and I program the Mac for a living!) I felt that an email program should
be simple and easy and not get in my way.

I originally found that in Cyberdog. Sadly Cyberdog has gone to the great
Apple software heaven where it will never be seen again.

But, something like it has been resurrected in PowerMail. I have been
using PowerMail for over 2 years now. It's great. Its simple and easy
while being powerful at the same time. My wife and kids (age 10 and
lower) all use it.

 ...Duane