Original iMac System Software Missing

Jay Friedland a.jayf at verizon.net
Mon Dec 30 16:49:03 PST 2002

I have a troubleshooting question with a few different parts-
1) For my son to use Warcraft III, we needed to add memory to a G3
iMac, with 333mHz.
After a few attempts to load an additional 128 into either slot, we
wound up with a blank screen.

2) After going back to only the single board of original memory, the
iMac had the question mark file on opening.

After trying Disk Warrior and a bootable 9.1 CD, neither booted the
computer. He is missing his System Software CD.
What's our next step to correct this? Is System Software CD the only
way to get it to boot? How can it be replaced? Downloaded?
Anyway to tell what the original problem could be with the memory
failing to start (PC100 and correct fit)? We actually tried 3 different
boards with the same results.