Importing Addresses from Communicator to Outlook Express

Robert P. Black rpb1927 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 9 11:07:03 PDT 2003

    Many thanks for your thoughtful suggestion, Kurt, for which I am
most grateful.

    I spent all this morning trying to import in the manner you
described, but I'm such a dunderhead that I never could get it to work.
Finally, I just imported the old address book from Communicator and made
individual corrections to the out of date addresses so that the two
address books now show the same addresses. I'm still puzzling, however,
over why Outlook Express continues to import an old address book from
Communicator. I've concluded, possibly incorrectly,  that it's just the
Microsoft way!

    I also tried to export from Communicator to Outlook Express, but
that didn't do the trick either.  Frustration, frustration,
frustration!!!!!

Bob Black