[HM] type 2 & 3 errors

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Fri Dec 19 23:22:23 PST 2003

--- At Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:06:01 -0600, George Booth wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what these errors are as I can't get my Quicken 2001
>Deluxe to open because I get message "application has unexpectedly quit
>because of type 3 error" and sometimes says type 2 error. Since I haven't
>backed up for 3 days, I am afraid to reinstall. Thanks for any suggestions.

Type 2 and Type 3 errors usually indicate a corrupted file. With Quicken
it could be just about anything. Try removing preference files or
reinstalling the application.

If you are having trouble with other applications then it could be a
system corruption. What system are you on and is this the latest Quicken?

 ...Duane