[HM] Burning rewriteable CDS

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Wed Feb 12 09:22:20 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 08:33  AM, Sue Rodriguez wrote:

> When I tried to
> following the Mac Help directions, I initialized the disc on inserting
> it,
> and then clicked on the Burn CD from Special in the menu bar.  I get a
> box
> that says Burn CD and nothing happens.

I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like you're using two different
applications (Finder and Toast) and they're not working together. You
might want to try doing the whole process using just Toast and keep in
mind I haven't used any rewritables for a long time.

I think what's happening is that by having the Finder initialize the
disk, its taking over access and Toast can't figure out why there's a
disk in the drive and it can't get access. So...

First, start up Toast, then put the rewritable disk in the drive.

If this isn't a new CD-RW disk, select "Erase..." from the Recorder
menu to erase the disk.
WARNING: This will erase everything on the disk so be sure you have
that information somewhere else.

Then you should be able to drag files/folders into the Toast window and
burn the disk.

Hope this helps.

-Mike