[HM] Extension cable for iMac G4 speakers

Kevin Sorensen KevinSorensen at Access-4-Free.com
Thu Feb 13 07:42:57 PST 2003

on 2/12/03 5:55 PM, Bob Baron at blbaron at earthlink.net wrote:

> Would anyone know if there is an extension cable for the iMac G4 so that
> speakers can be moved from room to room to play iTunes music?  I haven't
> been able to find an adopter for the Mac plug at Radio Shack.  Is it
> proprietary?
>
> Bob

Is the input/output jack on your iMac just a basic female jack for, say,
headphones? If so, you can get a cable at Radio Shack that has the basic
headphone type jack (sorry, I don¹t know the technical name for this, but I
beleive it¹s a 1/8 headphone-type jack) that ends with RCA cables on each
end. Then, get two RCA extenders (about 1 1/4 inch long that you can plug an
RCA cable into each end to make a longer cable). Then run RCA-type cables to
where your speakers are, use one more set of RCA extenders and go from
there. I¹ve done something similar to this with my iMac G3 in my study.

Kevin