FontAnnexFile

tom little t.little.1 at insightbb.com
Thu Feb 13 09:29:39 PST 2003

Does anyone know what the FontAnnexFile is (and what program needs it?) It
seems to be related to a problem I have with Word 2001 (from Office 2001)
printing to an HP 960C, whereby it takes over a minute to load the printing
dialogue. Other applications, including IE and Entourage print OK and Excel
is slow but not as bad as Word. After the first time after a restart, the
print dialogue in Word appears in a reasonable amount of time.
When I trash FontAnnexFile I can't empty the trash because the file is busy,
and of course, a new FontAnnexFile gets created on restart. I've trashed
Office Font Cache (9) with no MS appllications open, which sometimes seems
to help for a while, but the problem recurs.
System is 9.2.2 on a G3 B/W 300 with 320 meg memory, ATM Deluxe 4.6.1 and
the usual stuff.
Thanks in advance.

Tom Little
t.little.1 at insightbb.com