Spam blocker recommendation?

Debbi Young djy at citynet.net
Fri Feb 14 03:26:32 PST 2003

Can any of you recommend a reliable way to block spam? I'm running 9.2.2 on
an iMac, using Outlook Express 5.05. My ISP has a filtering system at their
end, which won't allow anything through from a yahoo.com or hotmail.com
address, nor anything that's sent to a group. It is not user-identifiable,
and the only option is to accept all e-mail and filter it myself. In order
to receive some information I want to subscribe to, I have to accept
everything.

I noticed there was a 5.06 version of OE available, and wonder if it might
address the spam issue better than the mail rules currently available. Any
suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

I have an alternate e-mail address, but would rather not read e-mail from
the web.

Debbi
WV